Saturday, April 17, 2010

Siljarastit (and Huippuliiga 1/4)


Today I was competing in Sauvo (south-western part of Finland) and it was also season opening for me. Weather was windy and cloudy with degrees at 5 - 7c. I finished in 13th place 1´49 behind todays winner Pasi Ikonen. I´m quite happy with my performance, at least the orienteering was at a good level for the first start this year. Running didn´t feel so easy, probably cause of little running in terrain in Finland at high speed in this year cause of snowy terrains in Sipoo. The terrain and route was "almost easy" from the 5th control forward. Especially the flat open "hills" in the end was really fast. My only real miss came at the 5th when I was approaching little too much from the right side and went down in the slopes too late. Lost some 0´30 there. On the 7th I had problems getting down and lost 0´10 - 0´15 more. Rest of the couse I managed to run pretty much the way I planned and "orienteering-thinking" stayed ahead as it should. This race gave made me confident of my skills (I can still orienteer:) and now I can focus on upcoming important starts, already next weekend.

M21E 6,81km

1. Pasi Ikonen 36´57
2. Petteri Muukkonen 37´02
3. Hannu Airila 37´45
...
13. Jörgen Wickholm 38´46

No comments: