Friday, June 4, 2010

Middle Finals in Pismenovo

I started with great confidence in todays race. Good, calm orienteering from the beginning. Route choice already to the 2nd flag, but I was well prepared for anything, so it went okay. Until the 5th I was running as planned, but then to the 6th came some seconds of gap in concentration and I went off to the right along the first contours. After a while I started to realize I was going wrong and turned left. Still a little unsecure up towards the flag when there was nothing to read and I knew I wasn´t “on the line”. On to the 13th it was quite “straight on” orienteering, thou I had to stop before the 11th when I was a little left. The leg to the 14th looked interested at first sight, but obviously it had to be run along the ditch. Tricky flags at 14th and 15th. After that, from my opinion, orienteering ended. The loop after spectators control was almost the same as in women´s class, so there was paths in the grass.
Even if my position in this competition was 21. I´m quite happy with my race. I managed to have a steady control over my doings during the race. I think a perfect race today would have given me a place 4 – 6.
MEN A-FINALS Middle-distance
1. Valentin Novikov RUS 34´09
2. Matthias Merz SUI 35´30
3. Daniel Hubmann SUI 35´36
...
6. Tero Föhr FIN 36´21
21. Jörgen Wickholm FIN 37´32

No comments: