Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Controlled performance in MiddleQ at EOC


Middle Q (5,2km, 160m climb, 16 controls)
I´m satisfied with my performance in today´s middle qualification race. I started well focused on what to do. Nailed the first 4 controls and running felt good from the beginning. To the 5th, the first long one, I struggled a little in the half-way and had some difficulties to read the vegetation in the end. This resulted in some stops and I lost for example some 50 seconds compared to my team-mate Mats Haldin. Rest of the course went pretty well and I had time to take it easy on the difficult controls in the end. It resulted in a 9th place some 1´24 behind the Swiss Bapitste Rollier in MEN-A. My time was 28´25 and the last guy to the A-final in my heat had 29´57. In these qualifications it´s not much room for mistakes, at least in men´s class. I really liked the route, it was a little of everything and the best parts of the terrain were used. I have no complains about the map either, thou green areas are a little confusing at some places.

No comments: