Wednesday, May 5, 2010

10-Mila in darkness


In this year I was running a night-leg, the 5th, for my club IF Sibbo Vargarna (SV).  I usually run last leg in bigger relays for my team, at least in the last couple of years, but now our coach ended up with a different tactic - “plan D”. The goal was to be as close to the top as possible after 5 legs, so that the rest of the guys would have it easier when they´re running in “faster” groups.
I tried to sleep/ rest in the evening before my leg, but I didn´t get any sleep. At 00.30 I went to competition centre from our accommodation together with 4th leg runner. I felt very awake even if it was in the middle of the night when I was preparing for my start. I had only done one night-training this year, but it didn´t bother me at all. I knew that the terrain would be quite difficult and suite me well.
Runner before me came in at 49. place about 24 minutes behind the leading team. I started with full focus on orienteering and felt hungry for a good race. My technique worked well and I managed to run without any mistakes on the controls. Only two times I was little on the side from my “planned route”. I had enough strength to run the last steeper uphills in the end and still kept concentration at 100%. I came to changeover in 27. place 22 minutes behind the lead, so I was satisfied with my performance. It feels that my skill to keep concentration at high level during the whole race is even better this year.
team SV: (change position/finish)
1 – (13.) Miha C
2 – (?) Jallu S
3 – (?) Jani V
4 – (49.) Toni H
5 – (27.) Jörgen
6 – (?) Teemu V
7 – (?) Matti J
8 – (?) Vicke M
9 – (?) Daniel B
10 – (43.) Ken P

No comments: