Friday, May 14, 2010

Prisma-rastit (EOC-test for middle)

A competition in middle-distance was held on Thursday in Lohja (west of Helsinki). It was also EOC-test for middle, 2/4 Huippuliiga event and WRE. Route was first 5 km of “ordinary” middle-distance and then change of map to a last loop of 1,7 km forest-sprint on 1:5000 map. Totally 6,7 km. This was okay, but I think an EOC-test for middle shouldn´t have any sprint-moment in it. It´s just not relevant.
The terrain was quite nice offering different type of orienteering. Runnability was mostly good. A couple of steeper uphills and some green areas gave its ingredients.
My race started okay, thou I had to stop once before the first control to double-check. After a small mistake on the 3rd, 4th and 5th with a total of some 20 seconds I tried to rise my focus a bit. Maybe I was running little too fast into the ring. On the 8th I made my biggest single mistake when I went right in the end when I should have turned left, lost 30 – 40 seconds here. Rest of the course went as planned. In the end I was 8th and lost 1´13 to Jani Lakanen.

M21E (6,7 km)

1. Lakanen Jani VaajTe K-S 39.15
2. Airila Hannu KR S-K 39.16
3. Huovila Jarkko TP Häme 39.27
4. Muukkonen Petteri VeVe Kaak 39.32
5. Myllärinen Jani Koovee Häme 39.52
6. Fagerudd Kim PR V-S 40.01
7. Föhr Tero VeVe Kaak 40.05
8. Wickholm Jörgen SV FSO 40.28
9. Tsvetkov Dmitry IkNV Häme 40.36
10. Lakanen Jonne VaajTe K-S 40.52

No comments: